GlucoComm is an application to download your glucose readings from the Accu-Check line of glucose meters. It has been tested with the Active and Compact models. It should also work with other models from Accu-Check that have an IR port, but it has not been tested. It will likely not work with other brands.
Currently version 1.x will download all records from the meter, and allows for saving in a Comma Seperated Values (CSV) file that most spreadsheets can open. (On the PocketPC, Pocket Excel cannot, but SpreadCE and PlanMaker can)
- Make sure that under Start>Settings>Connections>Beam that "Receive all incoming beams." is unchecked. If you do not uncheck this box, GlucoComm will be unable to access the IR port. Also make sure that there are no other programs open accessing the IR port (like TV remotes, etc.)
- Launch the GlucoComm application.
- Press and hold the "M" button on the Accu-Chek Active until "PC" flashes on the screen (Follow the directions in the manual for other models).
- Align the IR ports of your PocketPC and meter.
- Press the synch button on the toolbar (green arrows).
- Wait for it to go through 7 phases of communication and download all records.
- If you want, click the save button or select export from the file menu to save as a CSV file.
- Indicates when unable to open the IR port because it is in use, and suggests a solution.
- Now HI_RES_AWARE with VGA toolbar icons.
- Allows for multiple selections in the list to be copied to the clipboard in a format that can be pasted into Pocket Excel.
- VGA Program Icon, VGA toolbar icons will come in the next version.