Calendar Plus is a program that runs under the Pocket PC's Today screen.
It emulates the standard Pocket PC Calendar plug-in exactly, except that it offers more features.
Features include the ability to see multiple days, the ability to look a given number of appointments ahead, and multiple ways of displaying the various calendar fields.
Starting with Calendar+ v2.1 we no longer support older PocketPC devices running SH3 and MIPS processors. You can download Calendar+ v2.0.5 here for these devices.
- Disabled install on Pocket PC 2002. The platform is not supported and installing on it causes your Pocket PC to reboot.
- Fixed infinite scrolling bug that can cause your Pocket PC to lock up and the display to go haywire.
- Fixed algorithm for showing next few days: now restricts to consecutive days instead of days with appointments.
- Allow paging even if there are no appointments shown.
- Fixed German translations of appointment markers to match those of native Pocket Outlook.
- "Busy" appointment colors are now remembered after a soft reset.
- "Show Today" always shows today, even if there are no appointments.
- "Include empty days" didn't include "Show today" in the calculations.
- Some strings not pulling from localized resources.
- Added another layout to the appointment format: Start time: Description (Location).
- Added a little triangle marker that appears if there are additional appointments on the last day showing on the screen. This provides a handy visual indicator that the day is not complete.
- Disabled installation on Pocket PC 2002 and Smartphone devices.
- Fixed occasional "Not enough storage available to complete this operation" error in Windows Mobile 2003.
- Improved reliability and performance under WM5.
- All day events on WM5 are also shown the day after.
- Long running (over 1 day) appointments did not show up on days after "today".
- Sometimes the appointment markers would disappear.
- Added a paging feature via the left/right joypad buttons. This allows you to page forward and backward through your agenda without leaving Calendar+.
- Added an option to "fill to available space". If you keep Calendar+ at the end of the Today screen, it will adjust its height so you never see a scroll bar.
- Additional appointment markers for busy and out of office.
- Appointment markers for tentative and out of office now show up in all day events.
- Calendar+ now has "day" layouts in addition to "appointment" layouts.
- Reworked the dialogs so scrolling isn't needed on square screens.
- Minor changes to how information is displayed to eliminate wasteful things like "Nothing further today" messages.
- Enhanced errror handling. Instead of silently eating errors they are now displayed, with an option to try the operation again.
- Hopefully final attempt at fixing locale issue for WM5.
- Incorrect appointments displayed for non-US locales (tried not to make it worse this time).
- Added a couple more display formats.
- Options dialog orientation works again for landscape mode.
- Incorrect appointments displayed in WM 5 devices for non-US locales.
- Minor improvements to German translations.
- Perf improvements on WM 5.
- Display updates now when running under Windows Mobile 5.0.
- Scroll bars in options dialog now correctly display on square screens.
- Now works with Pocket Informant 2005 Rel 3.
- Hebrew support including improved RTL (Thx to Moshe Pontch for writing this).
- Incompatibility with iPaq 4700 with ROM update.
- Improved support for square screens.
- Free appointments are no longer considered conflicts with busy appointments (again).
- Always shows agenda for PI 2005 instead of preseving calendar setting.
- Fix joypad navigation on WM 5.
- Now correctly adjusts to Windows Mobile 2003 SE font size changes.
- Minor margin and spacing fixes for Windows Mobile 2003 SE.
- Slightly better UI spacing.
- Minor fixes for Windows Mobile 2003 SE joypad handling.
- Improved Dutch translations.
- Added "Nothing further today" message back.
- Compatibility problem with some devices such as the iMate JAM and PDA2K.
- Free appointments are no longer considered conflicts with busy appointments.
- In rare cases "Show the next n Lines" will not draw a day break header.
- Added Danish language support.
- Minor whitespace tweaking to make the UI more space-concious.
- New compact layout to show an appointment on one line.
- Show the next n "Lines" : lines not correctly localized in any language but English.
- Improved French translations.
- Add Dutch language support.
- All day items now show their location if one was given.
- Support for PocketMac installer
- Additional "Programs" tab allows you to choose Pocket Informant, Agenda Fusion or the default calendar.
- Calendar+ can now be upgraded in place.
- Fixed incorrect use of WM_TODAYCUSTOM_CLEARCACHE.
- Pocket Informant would not start when clicking on Schedule icon.
- Out of office appointments should not paint with tentative marker color.
- Selection border off by one pixel when selecting items with Windows Mobile 2003 SE keyboard interface.
- Improved threading reliability by relocating critical sections and initializing COM only when needed.
- Layout page font size sliders were different sizes on Landscape systems.
- Some PPC Phone Edition devices hang when CalPlus starts at boot.
- User selectable support for Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant.
- Czech language support.
- Additional display option to look ahead a given number of lines, rather than appointments or days. This is handy if you would like Calendar+ to take up a fixed area of space on your Today screen.
- Screen corruption problems when switching between portrait and landscape.
- Full support for Windows Mobile 2003 SE, including screen rotation, VGA screens and the new Windows Mobile joypad interface to the Today screen.
- Support for both Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant replacement PIMs.
- Support for RTL languages.
- Additional layouts.
- Line spacing is now proportional with font size.
- "View the next n appointments" no longer constrained to 31 days.
- Recurring all day events are now counted correctly for days other than today.
- Some performance tweaks.
***** [Jul 9, 2009] by Zane using i-smart
Nice; very nice ....
** [Nov 22, 2008] by Erik using Samsung Omnia
Software says it has succesfully installed, but it does not work. No settings or new objects in the today screen.
***** [Feb 25, 2008] by AP using XV6800
Using Calendar+ on my windows mobile 6 smart phone XV6800. No problems. Also ran it on Windows Mobile 5 XV6700. Calendar+ gives the today screen calendar view all the options it should have had to start with. Simple, clean looking interface, looks just like the built calendar but BETTER!
**** [Apr 12, 2007] by Yougotek using 700wx
Good program, but you can't collapse days, so if you have a lot of appts. shown over the next, say, three days, then your screen will have that annoying scroller effect.
***** [Jan 20, 2007] by N Akhtar using Treo 750v
Simple, highly configurable and effective. A powerful weapon.
***** [Dec 4, 2006] by Greeny using HP ipaq
Great utility, well worth installing. Could I suggest being able to choose different colours on the calendar screen for different types of appointment, birthdays etc.
***** [Oct 30, 2006] by rotten using HW6510
A must have program!
***** [Sep 25, 2006] by kuifje-cal+ using axim51v
Oops please ignore the previous post, it IS there (RTFM). Great.
***** [Sep 25, 2006] by kuifje-cal+ using axim 51v
Kudo's for the developer, I use cal+ constantly. However, wanting to fit many appointments into a small space, I absolutely need the format selector of the previous version, now I can't upgrade to the new and improved version. Please bring it back in the next version???
*** [Jan 18, 2006] by DW using Dell X51V
It's good the developer is regularly updating this product. The next challenge is to display 'tasks' as well.
**** [Jan 11, 2006] by Rick using Dopod 828
In the latest version 2.2.9, if you keep changing the value of "Display the next" days to different values, you may see all the birthdays of contacts and yearl-repeating events are all displayed on the panel.
**** [Dec 2, 2005] by Claude using Ipaq 2210
I really like the program especially the price. My only problem with it is the position of the line. I would prefer the line be between appointments. It makes it a little difficult to read multiple appointments. Thanks
***** [Sep 9, 2005] by Rob in HK using HP Ipaq 4150
This software is what Today.Calendar module should always have been. Almost perfect!! (please let us change the font and colour!)
***** [Jun 24, 2005] by Graham using i-mate Jam
Truly excellent!! Exactly what I need to remind me of upcoming appointments and the huge range of format options is icing on the cake.
***** [Apr 4, 2005] by Jaas using Pocket PC - hp 2215
Exactly what I was looking for when I thought about how inefficient the calender was... and can't beat the price ;)
***** [Feb 7, 2005] by Sparking Spirit using HP iPAQ rx3715
It demonstrates how a Pocket PC calender should be. Replace that pre-installed calender on your Pocket PC with Calender+ now!
***** [Jan 26, 2005] by Devious using HP 2210
Brilliant. Very useful. Fills the gaps, (which are larger vast), of the original calendar!!
***** [Jan 10, 2005] by Hugo Gomez using Jornada 568
Great app! The missing piece on Today's screen. Thank you very much!
***** [Jan 3, 2005] by Sparking Spirit using Mio 339
A useful today plug-in. Give it a try -- you won't be disappointed.
***** [Dec 29, 2004] by Steve W. using Ipaq 1945
Who knew there were other people just like me that needed that something extra for their calendar? I wasn't quite sure what I wanted but I knew the current PC Pocket 2003 wasn't exactly what I wanted. Thanks for all the previous reviews because I downloaded it today and found that this is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I don't want to say that I would pay for this (because I don't want to give anyone any ideas) but I will say that this is better than anything you'd pay for. Simple, easy, gets right to the point. And it's right there on the "Today" screen. Thanks for making this free. Imagine that, free computer programs that work, yet we pay for water.
**** [Dec 20, 2004] by hafizesh using ipaq 4150
I can get it to show multiple days.. how can you do this? Please advice.
***** [Nov 26, 2004] by Paula using dell axim x30med
Only had it for a day now have enjoy using it just what I need. Thank for having free.
*** [Nov 12, 2004] by X using HP
Just wished this would support displaying of 'tasks' in-line just like appts. Also, the format could be more compact. For now, I'm sticking with tagenda.
***** [Oct 1, 2004] by Davey A. using toshiba e800
Works well, makes today screen user friendly, and able to change text size to fit more days on.
***** [Sep 27, 2004] by TY using Ipaq 6315
Two words, "SOLID" and "FREE".
***** [Sep 1, 2004] by Daniel using HP iPAQ h4150
Top marks! Works wonderfully well -- this is something that Microsoft should have done. Thank you for making it free!
***** [Aug 9, 2004] by John Shultz using iPAQ 2215
This has saved me more than just headaches! Thanks a bunch!
**** [Mar 15, 2004] by David using QTEK 2020
Simple, clean, works and free. Thanx!!
***** [Jan 12, 2004] by Jason using iPAQ 4155
This has saved me more than I care to admit. A wonderful and useful program.
***** [Jan 9, 2004] by Mr Smith using iPaq 1910
Great program. Small footprint. Doesn't hog resources. Stable. For a forgetful person like me, it's great to have important dates staring you in the face.
***** [Aug 18, 2003] by Hakan using iPaq 5550
Works absoluty great! That's all I can say :)
**** [Aug 4, 2003] by Jonny Speed using iPaq 3850
This is actually fairly useful, in that it allows me to open up calendar events directly, vs. going to the full calendar, then having to open up the individual event.
Write a review